I started my morning by juicing some carrots! Yum! I don’t do it often cuz we all know it’s a lot of work! But as an occasional treat, it’s worth it. I juiced a 5 lb bag from Sprouts. I got 6 servings of carrot juice.
And had about 8 cups of carrot pulp. I decided it’s time to make some recipes with all the pulp! Here’s the first one….
Pumpkin Ginger Soup
This easy blended soup doesn’t have too many ingredients and isn’t very involved (depending on how you get your carrot shreds/pulp). It can be as easy as purchasing shredded carrots.
I juiced one day and the next I made my soup.
Add onions, garlic, ginger.
Add carrots and sea salt.
Add pumpkin, veggie broth, coconut milk, nutmeg and white pepper. Simmer. Blend. Done!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ C onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T ginger, minced
- 2 C shredded carrots (or use pulp from juicing!)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 C pureed pumpkin
- 2 C vegetable broth
- 1 C coconut milk
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp white pepper
- Warm a stock pot on medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add shredded carrots or carrot pulp and sea salt. Sauté a few minutes.
- Add pumpkin, veggie broth, coconut milk, nutmeg and white pepper. Stir to combine.
- Simmer on medium heat for at least 20 minutes to soften carrots and meld flavors.
- Use a stick blender (for slightly chunkier) or regular blender (for smoother) to blend soup.