2 things that go together like PB+J but for FALL!
This pumpkin spice smoothie is filled with beneficial ingredients and also tasty spices (that are also good for you). And it’s overall healthier than your averaged spiced latte.
Less sugar (and artificial flavorings and ingredients) does a waist-line good!
I like to roast pie pumpkins then puree, measure and freeze it in mason jars (label how much is in the jar). I made this smoothie with (thawed) frozen puree from last year. And can’t wait to roast fresh pumpkin this year! Canned is totally fine, but if you can try roasted pumpkin… Yum! (Wanna know how? Stay tuned!)
Benefits for this smoothie:
*Pumpkin = vitamin A, C, fiber = healthy skin, tissues and repairing of tissues, great for eyesight and immune system health
*Ginger = helps digestive issues and nausea
*Cinnamon = helps regulate blood sugar
*Nutmeg = improves memory and has positive effects for anxiety and depression
This smoothie (well pretty much all of my smoothies) also has the superfood MACA added!
What is Maca Powder?
An incredible superfood from a root vegetable grown in the high Andes of Peru-I’m talking an altitude of 10,000 feet! That’s cool but here’s what else Maca is :
• Powerful in increasing strength and stamina
• A great libido and fertility enhancer (woohoo!)
• An adaptogen (meaning it has a balancing effect to body stressors- if you’re stressed it calms you down and if you’re exhausted it peps you up)
• Improves your mood
• Has caffeine-like effects (ie wean yourself off coffee!)
Get your maca powder here. 4 oz will last you awhile!! I keep mine in a mason jar for freshness.
–> More recipes coming soon with maca!
BOOM! Now you’re a health machine after drinking this!
Your Starbucks pumpkin latte will probably taste good, but make you a sluggish machine :p
Do something for yourself and indulge in this filling, fall-flavored drink to get you into Fall mode.
- ½ C pumpkin puree (freshly cooked or from a can)
- ½ C coconut milk (I prefer full-fat canned)
- 1 serving of your favorite protein powder (vanilla flavored)
- ½ tsp maca powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger*
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg*
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon*
- 1 C ice
- ½ - 1 C water
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Adjust thickness by adding water or ice.
For making my smoothies, I have to tell you how much I LOOOOOVE my Nutribullet! It’s so handy in the morning to make and take a smoothie. Minimal cleanup- you rinse off the blades, give it a little scrub with soap on your dish brush and leave it to air dry. Get yours on amazon!